Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Newman O's and Other Assorted Cookies

Today Max brought home two drawings for me -- one a family picture and the other a series of "colorful fenceposts." That's different. He says others kids in the class drew them, so he did too. He also brought home another diaper (just for himself); none of the other kids are making diapers yet, however.

*******************

I've become completely obsessed with a book series about teen vampires, werewolves, and love: Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn. The books aren't particularly intelligent, but the vampire lifestyle details are clever and the story is really sexy without graphic details -- and I appreciate that since they're clearly written for the age 12+ set. They heroine isn't a particularly strong-minded young woman, and the vampire love interest seems a bit possessive, so I'm not sure why I'm so taken with them (or why I'm admitting it). But I flew through the first two books last week and started the third last night, and I can't wait for the movie next month. Sometimes it's just plain fun to lose yourself in imagination. Even as an adult.

*******************

During my travels last week, I didn't blog. I was busy with work (not to mention those teen vampire books), but I also didn't have any inspirations. I was struck with the truth of needing to intentionally and mindfully make space for personal or "wholesome" pursuits. They definitely don't just happen in the wild course of any given day. I know the "enlightened ones" always say that. But they're right.

*******************
John McCain was such as ass in last night's debate. What's with his endlessly calling everyone "friend"? He's no friend of mine with his "freeze all spending but military" attitude.

*******************


Mia and Will bragged that Dad bought Oreos while I was in California. "Not those wretched Newman O's," said Mia. Wretched? I like Newman O's...

(311 words)

1 comment:

  1. Mia should try Orea Cakesters - YUM! Ben got some for his birthday. They had to be a gift cuz they're so good I don't buy them cuz I eat them!

    Isn't John McCain an ass on a regular basis??? Pretty condecending most of the time!
    We're all not "friends"

    Talk to you this weekend possibly!
    -Cin

    ReplyDelete