Wednesday, December 31, 2008

P.S.

My de-friender apologized. The full story is long and complicated, but the ultimate outcome is that my conclusions were off the mark and the whole sequence of events should not to be taken personally. I considered deleting the blog out of respect for the de-friender since she had the nerve to tackle the issue head on, but I decided to keep it because I still think de-friending (and Facebook itself for that matter) is an interesting social study, and because it still seems worth thinking about how to handle relationship dynamics -- no matter what your age, gender, or technology. The blog is also a good reminder on how there is always another side to a story.

So as I go into 2009, I am humbled, optimistic, hopefully a little wiser, and definitely out of shape.

(136 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment